1937 Rolls Royce 25/30 owned won Best of Show at the 8th edition of 21 Gun Salute Concours Show, 2018.
The 8th edition of 21 Gun Salute International Vintage Car Rally &Concours Show 2018 was a glorious stepping stone towards bringing India forward on the motoring tourism map. The condition, restoration and historic interest of a hundred cars were assessed in the show field. The “Best of Show” prize went to 1937 Rolls Royce 25/30 owned by Den Gidwaney.
This best of the show winner1937 Rolls Royce 25/30 from Delhi is a combination of beauty, history, and style, these three elements are the very definition of elegance.
The 21 Gun Salute Concours Show, held at the Ambience Greens, Golf Course, Gurgaon on 17th & 18th Feb 2018, drew around 125 vintage cars from all over the world. First conducted in 2011, the 21 Gun Salute Concours Show, has grown to be India’s premier celebration of heritage & automobile. This year also, only the most beautiful and historic cars were invited to appear on the famed show field and connoisseurs of motoring and heritage gathered to admire these rare masterpieces.
The weekend commenced on Saturday with the rally flag off from India Gate that culminated at the Ambiance Greens. Organized by The 21 Gun Salute Heritage & Cultural Trust at the Ambience Greens, Gurgaon, the 2nd day of the 21 Gun Salute Concours Show held on the 18th Feb, 2018 offered a unique opportunity to connoisseurs and families alike, all of whom were enthralled by the event’s program, which simultaneously celebrated the greatest automobiles’ and Indian Heritage, with numerous cultural performances and activities installed around the show field specifically for the occasion.
A panel of around 40 renowned international experts judged the cars that were allocated to15 classes. In each of the 15 classes; rareness, history, state of conservation and upkeep were the main criteria taken into account by the esteemed jury when examining the cars to select the “Best of the Show.”
“It’s been exciting to watch the growth of interest in collector cars, both here and abroad, particularly in recent decades, car enthusiasts find this event to be an ideal platform to share and celebrate great cars, and it’s wonderful to know that the event has played a commendable role in taking India forward on the global heritage motoring map; encouraging others to celebrate great cars too!” exclaimed Mr. Suman Billa, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Tourism.
“I continue to be inspired by the generosity of the collector car community, entrants bring their automotive treasures here to share with others, judges bring their expertise, and together, we are able to make a solid contribution in taking India forward on the global heritage motoring map.” Said Mr. Madan Mohan, Founder & Managing Trustee, 21 Gun Salute Heritage & Cultural Trust.
The 21 Gun Salute International Vintage Car Rally &Concours Show has proved to be a success on the global automobile scene. The 8th edition offered, yet anotherSunday accompanied by grand cultural celebration & some of the finest cars in the world.
The ultimate automobiles included as following
– Prewar Classic European : 1939, Delage DB-129
– Prewar Classic American: 1929 Graham Paige Tourer owned by Yashvardhan Ruia
– Post War Classic European: 1966 Volvo 122 Amazon owned by Ranjit Pratap
– Post War Classic American: 1960 Pontiac Parisienne owned by Jimmy Tata
– Convertible & Roadster American: 1952 Cadillac Series 62 owned by Aniruddh Kasliwal
– Convertible & Roadster European: 1963 Sunbeam Alpine Series 3 owned by Ishtiyaq Nagree
– Rolls Royce Classic: 1937 Rolls Royce 25/30 Gurney Nutting
– Bentley Classic: 1922 Bentley Lemans 3Ltr. Owned by Robin & Peter Briggs
– Classic Limousine: 1940 Buick 90 Limited owned by KTS Tulsi
– Preservation Class: 1946 Chrysler Windsor owned by Yuvraj Shri Yograj Singhji Chavda
– Pre War Italian Class: 1926 Fiat 503 Torpedo owned by H. W. Bhatnagar
– Post war Italian Class: 1967 Alfa –Romeo GT 1300 Junior owned by Behram Ardeshir
– Italian Piccolo: 1955 Fiat 1100 Millecento owned by S. B. Jatti
– MG Classic: 1965 MBG – GT owned by Usha Kothari
This event is a brainchild of Mr. Madan Mohan (Founder & Managing Trustee – 21 Gun Salute Heritage & Cultural Trust) that combines the best of automotive greats and Indian heritage. All seven editions along with the latest edition of the event have successfully conquered the general public as well as attracted participants from all over the world. It is now one of the most prestigious rendezvous of its type.